Need more energy? Want to give your morale a boost ?
Try introducing activities into the working day. Exercise helps us to be motivated and gives our concentration a boost.
Some things that you might try.
- Cycle or walk to work and home again.
- Get off the bus a stop earlier than usual. An old one but it would add a few minutes of walking to your routine every day.
- Take the stairs.
- Short bursts of activity during the day build up over the week.Running ,walking or other activities during lunch time are a great way to give you a boost during the day. Has your work Place installed a fitness room ? Or maybe there is a gym close to where you work ?
- Go to Yoga or Pilates sessions at lunchtime, before or after work. Both are good ways to stretch and unwind if you are sitting a lot during the day.
- encourage colleagues to join a gym or go to a class together. Company means you are more likely to stay with a new routine.
- organise/join lunchtime walking and running groups.
- Hold a pedometer challenge
- Throw a soft ball around an open plan office
- More ideas www.workplacechallenge.org.uk