We were designed for movement, sitting all day without regularly moving can lead to stiffness and muscle fatigue.
What to do ?
- Above all create good habits
- if you have time, take regular breaks, stand up, stretch and move around.
- Keep hydrated
- Stand while you are on the phone, it gives your voice a better sound as well as helping your back and neck to keep moving.
- Try a sit fit .Not for everyone but these air filled cushions help to get you moving and engage your core muscles.
- If you don't have time.Stand up and sit back down again every twenty minutes. You can keep typing or reading. The regular movement ensures that you don't over strain muscles and may prevent poor posture from developing. Each time you move you use your spinal muscles and gluteal muscles which ensures that they get a fresh blood supply and a new nerve impulse. You will increase your daily movement by about twenty this will leave you feeling more flexible at the end of a busy day.