Osteopathic leadership 

 One of my goals this year has been to work with other osteopaths and broaden the scope of my practice beyond the clinical setting. I was very pleased to be given a place on this years Osteopathic leadership course which started in London in June this year. 

I was one of twenty Osteopaths who were selected to take part in the course. As a group we looked  at leadership styles and the way we can lead in our profession.We did this through e learning, personal study and working as part of a team on a group project. The people I met and had the pleasure of working with were very inspiring. Before the course began many of them had already begun projects which would benefit Osteopathic Practice in the U.K.


There are in Scotland many advantages in terms of lifestyle but as osteopaths we also have a disadvantage professionally as there is a lot less on offer in the way of CPD and networking. I'm very pleased to be part of this innovative new project.  The group I worked with were looking at career structure for osteopaths. We are currently writing a proposal for the institute of Osteopathy to bring together Osteopaths from across the country. I will keep you posted on details of its development. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping active :working from home

10 tips for sitting at your desk

Theraputic Art Journaling